You have made a wonderful choice. Gillett (jill-it) is a small friendly community where life just seems to move at a slower pace. Gillett is the Front Porch to the NorthWoods. Gillett still lives in a time when store owners frequent the isles, and know their customers by name. Gillett boasts a multitude of businesses, and while Gillett seems to be a world away from the ratrace it is close enough for needs that cannot be met within the City.
- Gillett had a population of 1,244 as of the 2000 census, with 510 households.
- Gillett is located at 44.9 N Lat., 88.3 W Long., 37 miles NW of Green Bay.
- Housing is less expensive in Gillett; the median home value is $61,700 compared to the State of Wisconsin median of $109,900.
- Monthly rent is also less; the Gillett median rent is $344 compared to the State of Wisconsin median rent of $473.
The proximity of some usefull items are:
- 4 lane highways are Highway 41 @ 22 miles (Oconto), Highway 141 @ 18 miles (Stiles Junction), and Highway 29 @ 15 miles (Bonduel).
- Commercial airport is Austin Straubel International Airport in Green Bay @ 34 miles.
- Hospital is Community Memorial Hospital in Oconto Falls @ 12 miles.
- Pharmacy is Oconto Falls Pharmacy in Oconto Falls @ 11 miles.
Utilities and Service Providers in the City Limits are