Friends of the Gillett Public Library
For more information about the Friends call Millie Wichman at 920-855-2763.
WHO are the Friends?
- Desire to help it improve
- Realize that as part of a group they can accomplish more than they can by working alone.
WHAT do they do?
Friends work to strengthen public opinion in support of library services for all members of the community
- Encourage gifts, endowments and memorials for the library from individuals and groups
- Raise funds to meet special library needs
- Sponsor library related programs and activities that contribute to the clutural opportunities in the community
- Serve as a liason between the community and the library board.
WHY are they needed?
Friends offer many opportunities to become active in the community.
- Friends volunteer time and talent. There is a need and a job for any member who wishes to become active.
- Friends are needed as contributing members who lend support to the library through the payment of annual Friends dues.
Benefits to Friends
- 5 free 1 day extentions on overdue items
- Input of ideas for additonal programs and services.
- Working with friendly people who share a common goal.
- Two general meetings (spring and fall)
- ABC (A Book & Coffee) Informal morning book reviews
- Books on Wheels for those unable to come to the library
- Enrichment programs for adults, young adults and children
- Volunteer work for the library
The purpose of the Friends of the Gillett Public Library will be to support, promote and encourage the Gillett Library.